Founded originally around the emerging Digital Inclusion Agenda in 2006, the National Digital Conference (ND) has always managed to cover each year’s hottest agendas and as a result has covered an incredibly wide range of topics over the last ten years.
Leading thinkers in the sector have spoken to the Conference, including two Prime Minsters, many Government Ministers (23 so far), the UK’s first Digital Minister, the UK’s first Digital Champion, leading political advisors and academics, countless leaders of the organisations delivering the UK’s digital transformation, and the CEOs of many of the leading Digital businesses from Google to Microsoft.
The ND Conference has always been keen to ensure we are accessible to all including:
- Making the Conference free to attend from 2009 onwards;
- Being one of the first Conferences to regularly broadcast the day live and free to the internet;
- The first UK Conference not about disability, to have live signing for the deaf from the stage;
- One of the first to have live stenography for those watching online; and
- One of the first to have a Conference App.
So in its 12th year the ND17 has an important role to play going forward as a National day of debate and participation for all those leveraging technology for the economic and social benefit of the UK.